Partner, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Wayne Schiferl is a tax partner in the construction and real estate group of Baker Tilly.
Wayne has public accounting experience since 1988 including five years with an international firm. Wayne is the co-leader of our national affordable housing practice and national tax leader of our multifamily housing practice. Wayne has extensive experience in real estate development.
- Specializes in structuring and planning for affordable housing projects, low income housing tax credit (LIHTC) and historic rehabilitation tax credit issues
- Works with developers and property managers to formulate project formation and exit strategies
- Has extensive knowledge working with flow through entities
- Assists small business clients and real estate developers with tax and cash flow planning
- Specializes in tax, property transactions, like kind exchanges, involuntary conversions and state and local tax matters
- Develops client strategies to maximize real estate development profits and property formation and exit strategies
- Provides representation before IRS and state taxing authorities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Affordable Housing Summit – Lead Baker Tilly partner
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 9559 – Committee member
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Minnesota Multi Housing Association – Contributing author